Whether you need specific style, dimensions, or materials our upholstery vendor, The Tac Room, is your saving grace to ordering perfect upholstery pieces for any design project that comes your way. With over 100 years of combined experience designing furniture by founder Matt and Michelle Cicero, the Tac Room is also a proud member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council, and they operate their company in a manner that is environmentally responsible using earth-friendly materials and using eco-friendly operations and approaches at their factory.
The Tac Room is also locally based, making orders one piece at a time by their talented team in Los Angeles, CA. All local orders are available for Will Call pickup at their facility in LA.
The Tac Room offers their own line of seating including sofas, chairs, & ottomans as well as beds and custom design services. All items, including kiln-dried hardwood frames, are made to order by hand at their Los Angeles factory with a 4-6 week lead time and excellent customer service.
All of the work and materials that go into the making of your upholstery is for the best quality and comfort:
- Product frames are kiln dried to maintain the integrity of the wood & ensure stability and shape retention over time
- Frames are stapled, glued, and screwed together with horizontal stability bars for strength, and are carefully padded with high-density foam, cotton batting, and Dacron
- All seat decks and backs are individually sprung by hand with sinuous springs (S-shaped) made from heavy gauge steel, bound together, and hand-tied to frames to create a no-sag support system
- 8-way hand-tied construction with coiled springs are also available upon special request
- Synthetic seat cushion inserts are comprised of high-quality synthetic foam wrapped with 100% Dacron fibers for shape and crowning
- Synthetic back cushion inserts are filled with a blend of Trillium polyester silk-fiber and poly clusters covered with 100% cotton casing to offer longevity and are hypo-allergenic and mold resistant
- Feather & down cushions are 10/90 hypo-allergenic feather and duck down blend, and are offered in varying blends upon special request
- Feather & down seat cushions are constructed with a solid foam core wrapped with a feather & down “envelope” encased by 100% cotton ticking to add support and longevity to the cushion shape
- Feather & down back cushions are comprised entirely of the feather and down blend encased in 100% cotton ticking
- All legs come standard in espresso or dark walnut finish, however, custom finishes are available on a limited number of styles
- A variety of grade-in fabrics are available
Every item produced by The Tac Room is carefully inspected before being shipped. Once an item has been inspected it is carefully wrapped and prepared for “Blanket Wrap” (aka “Pad Wrapped”) shipping. They take extra care to ensure that everything is carefully covered before it is placed on a truck to be transported. The Tac Room believes that nothing leaves their factory without being the finest quality product that clients have come to expect from them.
To open your account, the minimum order is $500 with a valid resale, and a 50% deposit to begin production on all orders. The standard lead time is 4-6 weeks, with an additional 1-2 weeks for custom orders.
If you would like to learn more about their construction process and commitment to reducing their environmental footprint, here is more information on the company. If you are interested in seeing the grade-in fabrics available for The Tac Room, you can find them at our designer showrooms at the Laguna Design Center and LA Mart, or you can set up an appointment with your Bassman Blaine Territory Manager.