The Bassman Blaine team was happy to be included in Noir and CFC‘s national sales conference this summer, where we had a behind the scenes look at how this sister company combo has grown into two of the best home furnishing vendors in the industry. Their classic designs and unique styles immediately draw you in but it’s the people behind this company that really captured us.
First up on the schedule was a showroom tour of both the CFC and Noir warehouses and offices. Both companies have outgrown their warehouse space several times and we were impressed with not only stock availability but also how much is actually touched up here at the warehouse before hitting our doors.
Georg does it the old fashion way too. Drawing life size sketches in his super cool loft – we won’t call it an office being that it takes up the complete second level of the office space. Here is where Georg finds inspiration and keeps his passion for collectibles.
Aside from designing product, you will also find Georg laying out the configuration for each showroom Noir has across the U.S.
During the tour, the Noir team shared many tips with us. Here are some tips on how to handle some of those damages your might deal with:
1. If you have a grease spot on a weathered piece of furniture, mineral spirits is a great way to remove it. Mineral spirits can be found at any local hardware store.
2. If you have a floating panel issue with a console, desk or dresser you don’t always have to return the piece. You can sand the area and simply caulk the gap. Use touch up paint to cover caulked area.
3. When purchasing solid wood furniture it is always recommended to use coasters and placemats and to only use a damp cloth to clean all surfaces.
CFC is made in the U.S. so it was really fascinating to see product built, upholstered and finished all in one location.
Here are some great tips from Joissie Galvez of CFC.
1. It’s important to know not all woods are the same and cannot be treated the same. Not all woods are recycled either, only our Douglas Fir.
2. Oak and Walnut are the strongest of woods.
3. It’s also important to know that when purchasing solid wood products, it’s a piece of furniture that will last a lifetime. That is if you care for it properly.
4. Since some woods are more susceptible to heat/cold/moisture than others you should avoid direct sunlight or heat as it can damage the piece. It’s also recommended you should only clean solid wood with a dry microfiber cloth.
Thank you to the Noir and CFC team for including us on this amazing experience and for opening your (reclaimed) doors to Bassman Blaine! You can find Noir and CFC at High Point Market, Las Vegas Market and at their brand new showroom at the Atlanta Market.